A good leather wallet can last you a lifetime, and that’s no exaggeration. When buying something that could potentially be with the user for the better half of decades, it is crucial to consider many factors and put some thought into your choice ofleather walletsinSingapore, be it for yourself or as a gift.
Things to Consider When Buying aLeather Wallet
1. Style and Utility
The first thing to consider is how the particular wallet’s design and colour suits you (or your recipient). If you’re picking out a wallet that is meant to last, how it looks and compliments your style should be the first point of contention.
For men, there are various leather wallet types in Singapore, such as the timeless bifold, the minimalist money clip, and the long avant-garde wallet with a coin compartment. More recently, there's also been trend towards slimmer and more compact wallet, yet without sacrificing on function and looks. These will keep you looking sharp. No more bulges in your suit or pants pockets.
Similarly, there are also a variety ofleather wallets for women ranging from the larger long wallet, the slimmer clutch wallet, the versatile crossbody sling bag wallet, zip-around wallets and the compact card holders.
When picking a wallet style, it is also vital to consider what you might carry in it daily.
A few other questions you can ask when considering wallet designs include:
1. Can it fit multiple currencies (e.g. SGD, USD, EUR) and cash sizes? 2. Will the cash be folded and, if so, how many times? 3. Does it have a coin compartment? 4. Does it have enough card slots? 5. How is the craftsmanship of the wallet?
- Stitching: Is it handstitched, machine stitched or glued - Edge finishing: Is it painted or folded? Generally painted sides look more premium, but folded sides last longer.
2. Leather Quality
Once you’ve decided on a style that works for you and incorporates well into your routine, the next factor to pay attention to is the quality ofleatherused in your prospectivewallet. If you’re aiming for durability and longevity,premium leather materialssuch as USAfull-grainleather. Made of the uppermost layer of the cow’s hide,full-grain leatheris versatile, hardy, and oh-so-gorgeous.
Within the full grain leather family, here are some leather finishes to consider for your wallet:
- Waxed leather: Rigid and robust, this highly durable leather will become more shiny with use and time.
- Nappa leather: Soft and smooth to touch, this leather ages gracefully with time and molds to your usage
- Cross grain / Pebble grain/ Debossed leather: Highly scratch-resistant but does not develop a patina as well as full-grain leather.
How your wallet blends with your outfit choices also plays a key role in choosing the right wallet. Depending on your daily ensemble, it might even be prudent to have more than one wallet in your closet to suit every occasion.
Likewise, a massive clutchwalletorwomen’s leather pursemight be useful to hold all your belongings but could be a little cumbersome to carry around while running errands. If you need a hands-free option, swapping over to acrossbody sling bag walletgives you the accessibility and freedom to go about your day.
The icing on the cake for any potential wallet is the bonus features that come with it. In the age of phishing scams and cyber security threats, RFID wallets add another level of security and provide peace of mind that traditional wallets might not give. Discover these RFID wallets effectively protect your personal information, without sacrificing your style.