ABOUT GNOME & BOW
Gnome & Bow was founded on the notion that bags can go beyond functionality to become a NEW MEDIUM FOR STORYTELLING, evoking the same emotions as our favorite stories. As with reading a book for the first time, exploring our products will uncover subtle and clever details that reveal a story you’ll find familiar, but with a modern twist.
Founded in October 2013, Gnome & Bow became a reality by harnessing the power of crowdfunding, raising over $30,000 in 2 weeks to become the largest fashion crowdfunding campaign of that time. In a span of less than 5 years, we are now stocked in 9 countries with over 40 points of sales. We are also a finalist for Collaboration of the Year 2016 and Fashion Designer of the Year 2017.
To be the MOST IMAGINATIVE DESIGN COMPANY IN THE WORLD through the creation of unique objects and experiences, inspired by unconventional arts and sciences, fuelled by the latest technology, crafted for the audacious sophisticate.
We are a motley of passionate individuals who seek to harness the power of imagination and storytelling to achieve wonders the world has yet to see. Whether it's weaving stories into our latest creations (a proprietary process we coined Talesmithing), the latest technological advanced materials we can dream of or simply conjuring an idea that provokes emotionally and intellectually.
We warmly welcome you to the wonderful world of Gnome & Bow.
Current Job Postings:
1. Graphic Designer
Start Date: Able to commence work immediately
Application deadline: 30 June 2020
Are you fun, flexible and overflowing with inspiration? Gnome & Bow is looking for a creative problem solver ready to take on challenging design briefs. Join us if you have an eye for beauty and commitment to crafting exceptional brand designs.
- Conceptualise and design branding/marketing materials or advertisements
- Produce new artwork based on brand guidelines agreed with our marketing team
- Create print and digital advertising materials
- Create brand identity and style guide for the company’s marketing needs
- Assist in management of website, newsletters and all other company materials, where necessary
- Design all graphic, sales and marketing materials e.g. EDM / Posters / Banners / Sales Display
- Work according to briefs for the branding needs and guidelines
- Ensure design specifications are production-ready
- Engage with external printers or contractors/suppliers/vendors to ensure highest quality and deadlines are met
- Proper documentation of all design files
What You’ll Learn
- You'll learn how to deliver value to projects through objective-based design such as developing the style and vision for our brand(s) through market analysis and research
- You’ll get to design for business success for creative and effective delivery of branding services
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with sales and marketing teams to ensure collaterals are delivered on time
- You’ll manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines, ensuring high quality and accuracy of marketing materials through proofreading
- By working in our company, you’ll be exposed to the exciting branding projects
- You’ll have access to creative resources and stellar marketing ideas for your design journey
- At least Diploma in Art/Design/Creative fields or 1-2 years of relevant experience
- High competency in Adobe Creative Suite especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Skilled in, photography and videography
- Knowledge of print production, colours codes, formats, etc
- Knowledge of editing of photography in Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom
- Expertise in Adobe InDesign for desktop publishing
- Ability to convey client's message in line with brand’s guidelines through original design
What we’re looking for in you:
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Able to work independently and proactively in a team
- Strong communication skills to liaise with marketing team and external vendors
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects deadlines
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Keen eye for detail
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org